Living with a health condition? Want to learn how to self-manage your condition better?
Free NHS Self Management Courses now available for people living in Bracknell and Ascot – book your place now!
- 6 week course
- Suitable for any long term health condition
- Learn techniques and strategies to help self manage your condition
- Work and learn with others to start improving your quality of life
View details of upcoming course dates
For more information and to register your place, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01344 415947
View the leaflet
The law is changing from 1 April 2019. Pregabalin and gabapentin are being reclassifed as controlled drugs.
Your GP and local pharmacy will ensure you continue to get the medicines you need. Please remember to order your medicine in good time.
There will be some changes to the rules:
- Only 30 days’ supply is allowed on one prescription.
- You must collect medicines from the pharmacy within 28 days of the date on the prescription (which is not always the date the prescription was signed).
- Any medicine ‘owed’ to you by the pharmacy must also be collected by that date.
- For some GP practices it may no longer be possible to send prescriptions electronically to the pharmacy. This does not apply if your GP practice uses the electronic prescription service for controlled drugs.
- All patients will need to request repeat prescriptions each month from their GP practice. It will no longer be possible to get your medicine from the pharmacy using repeat or ‘batch’ dispensing.
- If your GP practice does not use the electronic prescription service for controlled drugs, you or your representative (or prescription collection service) will need to visit the GP practice in person to collect your prescription each month. To set up someone as your representative, please contact the practice.
- You or your representative will need to sign and show proof of identity at the pharmacy to be able to collect your medicine.
- If you run out or need an emergency supply, you will need to phone your practice or GP out-of-hours service.
Your GP practice will make these changes before the law changes on 1 April 2019. If you have any existing prescriptions for gabapentin or pregabalin please collect the medicines before 1 April 2019.
View the leaflet from NHS England