The annual statement will be generated each year in December.
It will summarise:
- Any infection transmission incidents and action taken (these will be reported in accordance with our Significant Event procedure)
- The annual infection control audit summary and actions undertaken
- Control risk assessments undertaken
- Details of staff training (both as part of induction and annual training) with regards to infection prevention & control
- Details of infection control advise to patients
- Any review and update of policies, procedures and guidelines.
The Gainsborough Practice Lead for Infection Prevention/Control was Nurse Anita Surrey, supported by the Partners and Practice Manager.
This team kept updated with infection prevention & control practices and shared necessary information with staff and patients throughout the year.
In the past year December 2019 to November 2020 there were no significant events that related to infection prevention & control.
An Infection Prevention & Control Audit was carried out by Anita Surrey implemented every quarter with Environmental Cleanliness checks carried out monthly. Staff training and a hand washing audit have also been completed.
Regular risk assessments were undertaken to minimise the risk of infection and to ensure the safety of patients and staff. The following risk assessments related to infection prevention & control have been completed in the past year and appropriate actions have been taken:
- Control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH),
- DBS for staff,
- Hand washing
- Health & Safety
- Use of personal protective
- Medication and prescriptions
All new staff who joined the practice in the past 12-months received infection control and hand-washing training within 3 months of employment.
100% of the Practice Clinical staff completed their annual infection prevention & control update training
100% of the Practice non-clinical staff completed their annual infection prevention & control update training.
The Infection Control Lead attended training updates for her role provided by Louise Foster (the Infection Prevention & Control Nurse for East Berkshire CCG).
Infection Control Advice to Patients:
Patients are encouraged to use the alcohol hand gel/sanitiser dispensers that are available throughout the Practice, wear face masks and maintain 2m social distancing.
Policies, procedures and guidelines.
Documents related to infection prevention & control are available on request, reviewed in line with national and local guidance changes and are updated 2-yearly (or sooner in the event on new guidance).