If you have had any contact with the surgery over the last week or two, you are likely to have noticed a marked difference in the way things are being done. We have done this to minimise face to face contact between patients and staff, limit the spread of the Covid-19 virus and keep our practice team and patients as well as possible. The information below shows you how we plan to operate over the coming weeks:
Making an appointment
- Our GP practice has now moved to a total triage system. This means that all requests for appointments must be made via the phone 01344 428742 or online through our website gainsborough-practice.co.uk
- Each request will be passed to a doctor for assessment. You may find that we treat you by phone, video link, or we may ask you to come for a face-to-face consultation;
- Access to the surgery premises or another local surgery will only be if you have been asked to do so and there will be clear arrangements discussed with you as to how we can safely do this. Please do not come to the surgery unless you have been specifically asked to do so.
Attending your appointment
- If you need to have a face to face appointment, you may be asked to attend Boundary House Surgery, Mount Lane, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 9PG
- You will be given a telephone number to call when you arrive. Please remain in your car until a member of staff comes to collect you or you are asked to enter by the GP.
- Whilst you may have to go to a different surgery building to the one you are used to and you might see a doctor or nurse who you are not familiar with your records will still be accessible securely to you and to them.
- We may have already contacted you to collect paperwork and prescriptions
- If you are able to, please continue to use our Patient Access or the NHS App to order your repeat prescription. You do not need to come to the surgery to register to do this;
- If you cannot order your repeat prescription any other way then you may deliver this through the outside surgery letter box – this can be done without accessing the reception.
How can you help?
- Please be patient – our phone lines are very busy;
- Do you have a condition that you can treat at home? If you do then please try to do this with advice from either your pharmacist or from NHS online;
- Do you simply need general advice? If you do, can you call 111 for this or visit our website to access E-consult gainsborough-practice.co.uk
- If you think you may have Covid-19 DO NOT go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Use the NHS111 Online service to find out what to do next: 111.nhs.uk/covid-19;
- If you feel you need to see a doctor for non-Covid-19 symptoms then please call 01344 428742 and we will discuss your needs;
- Please help the receptionist by giving them as much information as possible and answer any questions they may have. This will help us prioritise calls and have the right clinician call you back.
- Have you nominated a pharmacy for the transmission of electronic prescriptions? This will prevent the need for either you or pharmacy staff from coming to the surgery. The nomination of a pharmacy can be done via your online app or speaking to your pharmacist or GP surgery directly.
- You can e mail the practice at email@example.com
- Please check our website for updates gainsborough-practice.co.uk
We do anticipate staff shortages due to isolation and sickness and aim to continue to give you the best possible care at this difficult time and appreciate your continued support with this.